Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mental Strength




This week has been an emotional roller coaster...Kayden was born on Monday and that was one of the "marker" my husband and myself were looking forward to on the way to having our baby #3. I was able to be there for the delivery and WOW, what an experience. I cried when I saw Kayden as most people would and it was a good cry. Not as my baby was gone - but as there was a healthy baby girl born today. I love her so much! I love her mom and dad. They are awesome and I know they know how special this baby girl is.

The hard part was being at the same hospital, walking down the same hallway to the same room with the same doctor to deliver. It was like a dream - but once in the room with Nicole and Greg, it reminded me that this was not about me and it was about this wonderful family having a safe and healthy delivery of a beautiful baby girl.

1 comment:

Carrie Ostreko said...

I know I don't really know you, but I want to say that you blogging about your story is a wonderful thing to do. I have not lost a child, and will not pretend to ever understand that amazing loss....but to see you write about it, not only helps other people, but I am sure is such a great healing tool for you. and to see you be there for your friends (give her my best) is so powerful. I am sure bittersweet and wonderful and amazing and I know they loved all the more for it.
hugs and prayers to them and to you
Carrie